March 2026 Book Releases I'm Excited To Read
Somehow, there are eight books coming out next month that are on my radar. It’s a ridiculous amount, I know. To help with my sanity, I’ve broken them into two categories: books that I absolutely cannot wait to read and books that I definitely want to read but will probably first get from the library and then decide if I want a trophy copy for my shelves. I have so many books, I simply cannot go out and buy all of them at once. Hopefully, this will help a little bit with my sanity. We’ll have to see.
Books I Plan on Buying:
Lady Tremaine by Rachel Hochhauser (release date 3/3/26) - As the title implies, this is about Lady Tremaine, aka Cinderella’s evil stepmother. This is her backstory and how she became the “evil stepmother” we all know. It’s described as a cross between Bridgerton and Circe, which makes me feel like it’s going to completely turn the story of Cinderella on its head, and I can’t wait for that.
Finlay Donovan Crosses the Line by Elle Cosamano (release date 3/10/26) - Since this is the sixth book in the Finlay Donovan series, I’m not going to go into detail about this specific book but rather the series as a whole. Finlay Donovan is a divorced mom to two very precocious children. When she meets with her publicist about how her latest book is behind schedule, the two begin talking about said book in the middle of Panera, a woman overhears and thinks Finlay is a hitwoman. Desperate for money (and for ideas for her next book), Finlay agrees to help this woman out, with chaotic and hilarious hijinx.
A Ghastly Catastrophe by Deanna Raybourn (release date 3/10/26) - This is also part of a series; book number 10 in the Veronica Speedwell series. This series follows Veronica, a lepidopterist, and Stoker, a taxidermist. They have one of the most entertaining relationships I’ve ever read in books as they gallivant all over Victorian London and somehow get wrapped up in solving a series of murders. I’m not one for mysteries, but I can’t get enough of this series. If you’re looking for a fantastic audiobook, the narrator is top tier. Even though I own all the books physically, I always listen to the audiobooks.
Daughter of Egypt by Marie Benedict (release date 3/24/26) - This is a dual timeline book following Lady Evelyn Herbert, daughter of Lord Carnarvon who helped discover King Tut’s tomb, and Hatshepsut, coined “Egypt’s lost pharaoh” after she was nearly erased from history for daring to be a woman who ruled the Nile. As Evelyn becomes obsessed with finding Hatshepsut’s tomb, readers also watch Hatshepsut’s rise and eventual fall.
The Night We Met by Abby Jimenez (release date 3/31/26) - I have to admit, I’m very reluctant to read this book, as Say You’ll Remember Me was incredibly disappointing. Hopefully this book will be better. This book follows Larissa, who is close friends with Chris. Unfortunately, she is dating Chris’ best friend.
The Geomagician by Jannifer Mandula (release date 3/31/26) - Mary longs to be a geomagician, a magic user who utilizes fossils to wield magic, but the Geomagical Society of London refuses to admit women. When she discovers a baby pterodactyl she names Ajax, the Society wants Ajax for themselves. Now, Mary must uncover the secrets of the Society and protect Ajax, all the while working with the man who broke her heart.
Books I’m Planning To Get From the Library
Speak of the Devil by Sweeney Boo (release date 3/3/26) - This is a graphic novel and sequel to Over My Dead Body. Over My Dead Body follows Abby, who is desperate to figure out what happened to her best friend, Noreen. Nobody else seems to care that Noreen is missing, as they are more focused on preparing for Samhain. This sequel focuses on the fallout from the events in book one.
Toe to Toe by Falon Ballard (release date 3/10/26) - Desperate to become a principal ballerina, Allegra enlists Cord, the lead dancer of a male revue, to help her out. Of course, sparks fly, even though Cord swore he would never partner with a ballerina.
Comments
Post a Comment